Felines & Friends New Mexico Pre-Adoption Questionnaire
Please print clearly and fill out completely. Please note that we conduct reference and background checks. We reserve the right to deny any application and to share information with other animal welfare organizations.
*Name: *Date: *Driver's Lic #:
*Address: *City: *Zip Code:
*E-mail: *Home Phone: Work Phone:
*Name Of Cat:
1. What is your primary reason for adopting a cat? A companion for: ---MyselfHousemateMy kidsOther PetGiftOther If other:
2. Who shares your household? ---SpouseSignificant OtherRoommateYoung ChildrenOlder ChildrenNobodyOther If other:
2a. If children, childrens age:
3. Are all members of the household aware, and in agreement to bring home a cat? Yes No
4. Type of dwelling: ---HouseApartmentCondo If apartment/condo, which floor?
5. Do your doors/windows have screens? Yes No How old are the screens?
6. Do you have a dog door? Yes No
7. If renting, are you legally permitted to have cats? Yes No Landlord contact #:
8. Do any adult family members stay or work at home? Yes No
9. What is your occupation?
10. Who will be responsible for the daily care of the cat?
10a. Where will the cat sleep?
11. Would the cat be: ---Indoor OnlyOutdoor OnlyBoth
12. Do you have plans to have the cat surgically declawed? Yes No Maybe
13. How will you discipline your cat for misbehavior? Newspaper Spank Swat Nose Stern Voice Squirt with water Other | If other:
14. How long do plan to keep the cat you wish to adopt?
15. What do you think the normal life span of a cat is?
16. Do you consider a cat to be a pet a member of the family both?
17. Under what circumstances might you not keep the cat? Shedding Moving Furniture Clawing New Housemate New Child Allergies Litterbox Problems New Relationship Pregnancy None of the above
18. Do you plan to feed your cat: ---Wet Food onlyDry Food onlyboth
19. Do you plan to buy: ---Grocery Store brandsPet Store brands
20. Do you have a vet? Yes No
20a. If you answered yes to #20, what is the vets name:
20b. And his phone number:
21. Are you willing and financially able to provide quality medical care (i.e. yearly vaccinations, treatment for injury or illness? Yes No
22. Have you ever owned a cat before? Yes No
22a. If yes, current status of the cat?
23. Do you have other pets now? Yes No
23a. What type of pets: ---CatDogCat & DogOther If other:
23b. Are they indoor pets or outdoor? ---IndoorOutdoorBoth
24. Would you agree to a visit to your residence by one of our volunteers? Yes No
25. Please provide the names and phone numbers of THREE references who you have known for more than a year.
First Reference: Phone Number:
Second Reference: Phone Number:
Third Reference: Phone Number:
New Mexico Chapter: 369 Montezuma Ave. #320 Santa Fe, NM 87501 (505) 316-CAT1 FAX: (888) 732-4245